Do I Need a Bassinet?
All of our seats are designed for use from 6 months + (or when your little one is able to sit up unaided).
Experts recommend bassinets for babies <6 months as the safest travel option for their development and safety. Here's why:
- Bassinets are specifically designed to meet all of your babies needs
- Bassinets reduce the risk of SUIDS (Sudden Unexpected Infant Death – formerly called SIDS)
- Lying flat ensures their airways remain clear (if they're in a seat and they're head falls forward or chin presses against their chest this can restrict airflow)
- A flat, firm surface allows them to stretch out and move freely which is important for both muscle and spinal development (your baby is developing rapidly during this period)
- A flat position is also most comfortable for bub to sleep in, but keep in mind that pram bassinets are not recommended for overnight or unsupervised sleep
We recommend keeping your baby in the bassinet until they are around 6 months of age or can sit up unaided.
Want to know more? You might find the below blog articles interesting
Pram Safety Blog: Are you using your pram safely?
More on bassinets: What stroller will I need for my newborn?